Description of the institution that represents and lines of work
In general, the following functions correspond to the General Directorate for the Protection of Nature:
- Dictate the administrative acts derived from management encomiendas that are necessary for the execution and follow-up of the same regarding entities that have the consideration of their own and instrumental means.
- Process and respond to community complaints in matters of the competence of the General Directorate.
- Promote, in collaboration with the Ministry responsible for the environment and island councils, the development of European funds programs and the execution by the different competent administrations of actions linked to them, as well as inform the corresponding bodies about the achievement of the planned objectives.
- Carry out the control and monitoring of the authorizations granted or, where appropriate, the previous communications and responsible statements received, as well as the support to the Agency for the Protection of the Urban and Natural Environment in the specialized inspection.
- Monitor the implementation of actions of the Island Councils and exercise the powers established in the legislation on councils, within the framework of the high inspection and control of the exercise of the powers transferred and delegated to these corporations in environmental matters.
- Issue reports and respond to inquiries that are addressed to the Autonomous Community by other bodies or public administrations in environmental matters, except in cases in which this function is attributed to another body.
- The establishment and management of any administrative records that the environmental regulation ascribes to the Ministry, and that are not expressly assigned to another body of the same.
In addition, he has functions related to:
- Environmental evaluation.
- Natural spaces subject to environmental protection regimes.
- Climate change.
- Environmental management of the coast.
- Contaminated floors.
- Prevention and control of pollution.
- Other functions in environmental matters.
Description of the work he performs within the MIMAR project.
The Vice-Ministry of the Environment of the Canary Islands Government acts as the main coordinator in all the tasks carried out within the MIMAR project. Assuming the responsibility of the Principal Beneficiary, the following responsibilities correspond to him:
- Guarantee the execution of the operation in its entirety
- Ensure that all expenses presented by all beneficiaries have been incurred in the execution of the programmed activities.
- Ensure the development and execution of the project as stipulated in the project form, respecting the established deadlines.