Description of the institution that represents and lines of work
The FNP participates in the majority of operations of the fishing sector in Mauritania, member of the Board of Trustees and its interlocutor. The entity has a long experience in the management of public power projects of the partnership.
Description of the work he performs within the MIMAR project.
The entity participates directly as an institution of third country beneficiary of the following activities:
- Characterization of maritime traffic and of existing species or communities in docks, helmets. Ballast water and sediments from ships' tanks or oil platforms that arrive at the ports of the region.
- Monitoring of the biological communities (fauna and flora) settled in the interior and exterior of the port facilities, determining the interactions that exist between these and the native species
- Identification of the species capable of developing toxic algal blooms (KABs, Harmfull algae Blooms) and their distribution in the region.
- Study of the dynamics of the HABs and the mechanisms that originate them, determining the potential effect on human health or the marine ecosystem and habitats of the Natura 2000 Network.
- Development of a surveillance, alert and coordinated monitoring protocol in the region, through the creation of an observatory.